DO NOT SHIFT THE REAR HUB WHILE UNDER MOTOR POWER!
To realize the full life of the internal gear hub, shift when there is no load on the chain. It is fine to shift while the bike is stationary, or the pedals/motor is not moving. The motor should disengage after the pedals stop and the throttle is at 0 in less than 1 second. A shift can occur at that time.
Here are the basics of the C961 Display:
- To power on or off, hold the power button for 2-3 seconds until the display appears or disappears.
- Once the display is lit, the + & – buttons are used to select how much power the motor will put out. 5 being maximum, 0 means no motor. When on 0 the computer works like a standard cycle computer showing speed and distance.
- Momentarily pushing the power button will cycle through the trip odometer, odometer and other info on the very bottom of the display.
- To enter the basic settings such as time, you can hold both the + & – buttons for 8-10 seconds. The first setting is KM or Miles, use the + to select which, or leave as is. Hit the power to cycle to the next setting. Speed limit is next. Based on the number you set, the motor will slow when that speed is reached. Hit power to advance to next setting which is backlight intensity. The higher the number the brighter the backlight. Power to the next setting, which is time. First hours, then minutes is set. Use + & – to set.
- To engage the backlight on the display hold the power button for 3-4 seconds.
- To engage walking mode, hold the – button for 3-5 seconds. This prevents the motor from engaging to its main setting speed. If on a sidewalk or crowded area, the motor will not engage fully, so light pedaling can occur, but not full speed.
- To reset the trip odometer, hold the power and – buttons for 1 second.